brake lathe

For forum members to post equipment for sale or wanted
Mark Slane
ACOFAS Trainee

brake lathe

Post by Mark Slane » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Does anyone have any info on brake lathe for machining heavy truck rotors on the truck? Tool manufacture?

Greg Brock
ACOFAS Allied Member

Post by Greg Brock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 am

We manufacture a great on vehicle lathe. The OCL430MD will get the job done. Go to the link I have provided and watch the OCL Overview video. We have shot some video of the MD lathe on a large truck, but it has not made it out of editing yet.
http://www.hunter.com/videos/index.cfm?cat=4
After watching the video select the "Find your Representative" tab at the top of the page and contact them.

If you have any more questions feel free to call me 314-716-0332.

Gordon Botts
ACOFAS Publicity Chairman

CSA2010 AND BRAKE ROTOR/DRUM RESURFACING

Post by Gordon Botts » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 am

Mark,

Prior to investing in resurfacing equipment you need to check the brake rotor/drum allowable tolerance requirements. The enforcement specification on a 16-1/2" brake drum is being strictly enforced at 16.625"

This specification is not allowable resurfacing, it is the allowable runnable spec.. If you machine it to that spec. your customer will get cited and out of service for being over. The spec on rotors varies but I would be very careful with how far you machine them.

ACOFAS is conducting a complete Dot inspection procedure clinic in Allentown, Pa. April 19 & 20. See you there.

Gordon

Return to “Equipment”